Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Desktop Card!





This card is created by Christina Fischer. I am sorry I do not have a link to her blog but I am mentioning her name. It's a wonderful card Christina! I had this card saved on my desktop since long, finally I had the courage to make one like it.

I made one like this, incorporating the colour red. As all of you know by now that I do not have stamps or punches so I doodled on it instead.





I dyed the red paper myself. It is not visible here but it has a beautifully distressed look.

I took the picture in direct light that is why the red is looking way too bright. The card colours are quite subtle then the ones in picture.

I took brown colour pencils, light and dark and shaded the entire card to give it an antique look.








Can you see the doodling??
Drew the heart myself. I had to cut it out so neatly just to safe the extra paper. You can see both the heart that I have cut and the paper from which it has been cut from.
This one is one of my neatest cuts! LOL

2 comments:

Bev said...

Aren't you just so clever (and resourceful too!) Well done you on dyeing the paper!!! Gorgeous card

Shirley said...

Both cards are wonderful. The first one is so calming and pretty. The second one is so warm and loving too! It is Fall in our country now and these are perfect for giving at this time.